Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Falling....Into the Arms of God.







The rubber has met the road.  My son has relapsed and we had to enforce some boundaries.  He has no job or car now.  He was given the option of rehab which he didn't feel like he needed.  So, this is where I have handed my son over to God.  I didn't do it without a substantial amount of begging and pleading.  But, it was not to be.  I know that God takes care of all of our needs.  I'm just so afraid because the addicts mind doesn't belong to him anymore.  It belongs to the great need to use again.  I just don't like all of the places that great need can take him.  I read something that I need to remind myself over and over again, "Today, I can take comfort in knowing that I don't have the power to ruin God's plans."

I also read this quote, "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task go to sleep in peace.  God is awake."  Victor Hugo

Today I pray for my faith to grow.  I pray for rest.  I pray for guidance.  I pray for my son and for Henry.  In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

1 comment:

coffeemom said...

OHH! Love the Hugo quote, I hadn't seen that one before (because apparently I'm illiterate, who knew?). I needed to read that today too, it's a tough morning. Thank you!