Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Kids on the Block

We have a couple of relatively new kids working at hubby's office.  And, it is a delight.  They are so excited about learning new things.  They are appreciative of the opportunity.  Their youthful exuberance is so refreshing. 

Before we might have wanted someone who had more experience right off the bat.  Now, I realize that it is character that I am looking for instead of experience.  I can train for skill but strength of character is what it is. 

I look at these guys and see my son or daughter.  I see a lot of life yet to experience.  I see their shock at how nasty the public can be or their delight at those wonderful clients that make up for the others. 

Hubby and I are gaining so much from our counseling.  It is wonderful to understand why we do what we do.  I recommend it for every married couple.  It has taught us to be more cohesive at work as well as at home.  It helps to heal this family in so many ways.

Today I am thankful for the new kids, new insight, counseling, AlAnon and all those who proudly rise from what society writes off.  I pray for continued learning and the health and healing for all of our addicted loved ones and their families and as always I say a prayer for Henry.

No comments: