Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hopeward Bound....

I have been very busy at the Dad's office.  While it isn't a labor of love for me, it is needed.  I've gone weekly to the jail with the "Homeward Bound" program to take an Al Anon meeting.  These ladies really need AA or NA but they can't get anyone to do it so we are all they have.

They really tug at my heart.  I find myself really looking forward to Wednesday.  I especially love when they begin to let their guard down a bit and let you in a little more.  I love seeing their excitement of being the one to run the meeting.  I love how they timidly agree to pick a topic but are unable to hide the fact that they are pleased to be a leader in some way. 

The most exciting part of all is seeing them regain hope.  "Love recognizes no barriers.  It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it's destination of full hope."

Today I pray for all of those lost to grasp on and hang on and try again...and I pray for Henry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to talk to you about this! The same thing happens at the mission, as they gradually let down their guard. I also love the way they are pleased when they do well. It takes so little to make them feel like somebody...

you are a kindred soul. I'm glad to know you.