Wednesday, August 6, 2014

All I Can Do is Pray






"I have reached the point that all I can do for him is pray."  The Dad says with sadness.  I had reached that point sometime earlier.  Then second guessed myself and tried to take back control.  Given it up.  Taken it Back......You know how it goes.

But now, we have reached a newer level of acceptance than before, together.  And so what we do now is pray and grieve. 

Our counselor says that this is the place we all need to be.  He thinks we are getting healthy.  But, will the son?  It will totally be up to him.  We are at that place where the realization has come to us and we have accepted that it is time for him to decide for himself, the kind of man that he will be in this life.

He needs to face his own struggle....as we are facing ours. 

I look at the girls that I work with at the jail.  And, many times I am so discouraged.  This is why I go to Al Anon.  But, I must realize that I am in the business of planting seeds.  It may come up.  It may not.  It may be taken over by weeds.  It may flourish.  It may need to die back before it comes up new and strong.

And, so is the case with the Son.  I've planted the seeds.  Now I need to get back and tend my own garden.  I keep forgetting to tend my own garden.  And, I was thinking.....all along, all we could really do was pray. 

Praying for you and yours.
Hattie

1 comment:

Annette said...

This post encourages me that at one time you and your husband weren't like minded but now you are. That gives me hope. We aren't too far off from each other, but he's not ready to let go and just pray yet. He still feels like he can save her if he can just figure out how. So I let him try. While I stand back and pray.
I am so sorry for all of us. You are a beautiful soul though Hallie, and I am so happy that I have gotten to read your words and hear your heart.